Here is the first group of French, some carabiniers.
The second group, eight voltigeurs:
Right, back to this after a three year break (too many straps on Napoleonics, I need to paint them infrequently). Sharpe, Harper and the 95th Rifles:
My British Naval landing party. All Britannia figures with guns from the Foundry pirate range that I happened to have lying around. The boats are resin from Minimi Miniatures.
The boats, I added a tiller bar and rudder post from matchsticks because I wasn't keen on the flat sterns:
The first landing party ashore:
And finally, a group shot of everyone.
I painted another boat (bought from a manufacturer at Colours one year but I forget who) and rebased a load of barrels and boxes I had in the drawers. The ones shown here are from Pardulon. Don't worry, I'm not going to show them all.
More painting from Paul Cook, this time French Marines and a Naval officer. I painted the 64pdr. All the miniatures are from Britannia.
Time for some cavalry. All these have been painted by AndyMac. The miniatures are from Brigade Games.
British Light Dragoons.
British Heavy Dragoons.
Dismounted French Dragoons.
My first building for this project is a small semaphore tower. Somewhere for my naval landing parties to raid.
Here's a better picture of my windmill now I've re-based it. I didn't make this, I bought it off eBay ages ago, you can see it in the first pictures of painted miniatures at the top of this page.
I'm not going to use the rules I've chosen as written, (of course not) they're a little clunky by today's standards.
I'm going to streamline them a little to make it easier to get new players up and running very quickly.
To this end I'm looking at having as much information on the action cards as I can, with all constant values pre-determined such as '+2 for Veterans shooting' which will, instead be included in the basic numbers on the veteran characters' cards.
Here's an early example that will be changed (I've already decided) but it gives an idea of what I'm after.
Condensed down to these. Each character gets an action card and a shooting card for each firearm.These print out at 60mm x 90mm to fit my laminating pouches.
After a bit of fiddling with the details I've settled on these as the final versions of the cards. Blue borders for the French and red for the British. I have some Portuguese as well which might get a different colour but will probably have red too, since they're allies.
Within the national border each unit has its own coloured boxes to distinguish it. This is so players with no knowledge of the period can recognise their troops quickly and easily.
I still need to decide on a design for the backs.